Are you under 35 years old and interested in military security in Europe? Do you want to win up to EUR 3,000 and present your work to diplomats in Vienna?
The OSCE and the Institute for Peace Research and Security Policy at the University of Hamburg, together with Moscow State Institute for International Relations (MGIMO University), Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP) and Vienna Centre for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation (VCDNP), are launching an essay competition to encourage innovative thinking and help create a new generation of professionals studying challenges and opportunities related to conventional arms control and confidence- and security- building measures.
Students and young professionals who are nationals of OSCE participating States and Partners for Co-operation up to 35 years of age (born after 1st January 1985) are invited to submit original essays on any of the following topics:
- The OSCE’s role in reviving military stability and confidence in Europe
- Reducing military risks through OSCE instruments
- The impact of new technologies and new types of conventional weapons on security and stability in Europe
- The role of new technologies in enhancing conventional arms control and verification
- Lessons learnt from other regions to enhance military stability and security in Europe
- The potential contribution by youth to the process of arms control and confidence- and security-building measures in Europe